Queen Contestant Entry Form
Entry Deadline: April 15 2021
- High School Sophomore, Junior or Senior for the upcoming 2021/2022 school year
- Ability to ride a horse
- Live within a 50-mile radius of Dalhart, Texas
- Solid white long sleeve shirt with collar, blue jeans and straw cowgirl hat.
- There will be 3 judges.
- Contestants will be judged on Personality, Poise, Horsemanship and Interview.
- Points will be awarded by the XIT Directors to each contestant for the amount of participation they give during all the XIT festivities.
- Judge’s and Director’s decisions are FINAL.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking, drinking and illegal drug use will not be tolerated.
- As reigning XIT Rodeo Queen, anytime you participate in a designated XIT function, you are required to wear white shirt with a collar, blue jeans and cowgirl hat along with crown, sash, etc.
- When attending a Rodeo, Parade or designated XIT function, you must have the permission of the President or your designated Director to leave.
- Arrive at the Rodeo, Parade, or other designated XIT function with plenty of time to check in with your designated Director.
- After a Rodeo, Parade or other designated XIT function appearance; you may go to a dance or party with parental permission and a designated director. You must continue to wear your XIT Rodeo Queen attire.
- Thank you notes are ESSENTIAL and should be mailed to ALL XIT QUEEN donors the week following XIT!
- You will NOT participate in any other pageants throughout your reign as XIT Rodeo Queen.
- Prizes awarded to you as XIT RODEO QUEEN are as is. You will not change any part of the awards. Example: Changing stirrup fenders on saddle.
- You will be expected to participate in ALL designated XIT functions unless otherwise granted absence by the President or Designated Director.
- NEATNESS is VERY IMPORTANT: hair, makeup, nails, etc. Be sure that your clothes are clean andpressed.
- As reigning XIT RODEO QUEEN you are expected to be a positive role model. Any inappropriate behavior or conduct WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.